Vermont Fairs and Festivals.
Every fair, like every Vermont community, has its own traditions. While each fair has a particular flavor, what you are sure to find is a mix of farm, food and fun. Fairs are a great place to see every breed of chicken imaginable or to watch kids show their calves while their fathers and uncles compete in ox pulls and draft horse demonstrations. Come evening, the midway lights up. You might join in an arm-wrestling competition, or grab some popcorn and enjoy a demolition derby or a stage full of rocking musicians. Attend a concert of a mainstream musician at the Champlain Valley Fair, watch the demolition derby at the Vermont State Fair, or take in the agricultural celebration at the Tunbridge Fair. No matter which one you decide on, you and your family will be entertained while enjoying the traditions fairs are known for throughout the state.
Here’s a complete schedule of fairs and field days across Vermont starting June 2023, according to the Agency of Agriculture. Be sure to check websites for admission and parking prices, if applicable.
- Vermont Dairy Festival, June 1-4 Lincoln Park on School St., Enosburg Falls vermontdairyfestival.com
- The Bradford Fair, July 14 1666 Carson Lane, Bradford bradfordfair.org and facebook.com/thebradfordfair
- Lamoille County Field Days, July 21-23 Fairgrounds 203 Wilson Road, Johnson lamoillefielddays.com
- Franklin County Field Days, Aug. 3-6 Airport Road, Highgate franklincountyfielddays.org
- Addison County Fair & Field Days Aug. 9-12 1790 Field Days Road, Vergennes addisoncountyfielddays.com
- Deerfield Valley Farmers’ Day Fair, Aug. 10-13 Baker Field on Beaver St., Wilmington dvfair.com
- Vermont State Fair Aug. 15-19State Fairgrounds 175 South Main St., Rutland vermontstatefair.org
- Caledonia County Fair Aug. 23-27 Mountain View Park at 1 Fairground Road, Lyndonville caledoniacountyfair.com
- Bondville Fair Aug. 25-2730 Vermont 30, Bondville bondvillefair.org
- Champlain Valley Fair Aug. 25-Sept. 3 Champlain Valley Exposition Center 105 Pearl St., Essex Junction champlainvalleyfair.org
- Guilford Fair Sept. 3-4 163 Fairground Road, Guilford guilfordfairvermont.com
- Orleans County Fair Sept. 6-10 Roaring Brook Park at 278 Roaring Brook Road, Barton orleanscountyfair.net
- The Tunbridge World’s Fair Sept. 14-17 Tunbridge Fairgrounds 1 Fairgrounds Lane, Tunbridge tunbridgeworldsfair.com